7 Haziran 2011 Salı


And last thursday, I finished my book at last, I say finally, because I started like last semester but I had no time to read books. The book is the newest book from an 8-booked series. It involves vampires, but n a really different way than you may think. They've got their own goddesses for god's sake! So, some of you must have heard about it : the house of night series. I have just finished reading awakened. And you know what, I liked it. Not twilight, not vampire diaries, but I think this series is my favorite vampire-series. Sorry Edward, I like Stark better than you. And I bet, stephenie meyer thought of you differently. Also in the vampire diaries(yes, I have read-and watched- it too. but I'm not a crazy vamp-fan. I don't like vampires, you know, the cliche "I'm a bad boy but I'm trying to be better" thing. Or " heey, here's some blood, but noo, I'm a good guy and....oooh I crave blood sooo badly...." Those other stories about the vampires, doesn't matter if they're romance or horror or in between, they are practicly based on craving blood. But P.C. and Kristin Cast have taken this cliche about vampires, and turned it into something really new. After Dracula, nobody had created a new story or a new angle about vampires. You may say that Stephenie Meyer did, put the emotions and humanity in them forward. No. Dracula and all the other vampires had emotions. If you look closely, you can see that all those horror vamps are self-haters or have a really huge ego and they are just too proud of themselves. They are ambitious, patronizing the human kind, BECAUSE they hated themselves and now they have power. C'mon, It's like basic psychology. The argument against the stereotypness(I'm not sure if that's a real word) of twilight saga is that she turned horror into romance. Of course that's new, romance with vampires. That's what made the saga so popular. It is creative, I admit that. To conclude, I can say that the house of night series is really a different angle to the vampires. a new creation. They are not those vampires we know and don't fit the stereotype. With this saga, the term "vampire" gains a different look in our minds and stirs different things up about it. Yes, the twilight saga is a different angle, but to the same thing, but the house of night saga is a whole new creation.


Go ahead, compare! :D

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder